Telehealth Tips for Speech Pathology
During the current lockdowns across Australia, we are moving back to delivering speech pathology services via telehealth. Here are our top tips for telehealth and some fantastic resources from telehealth specialists across the world
Telehealth top tips:
- Be understanding of competing priorities and barriers to service delivery E.g. Health, stress, technology, online school learning.
- Set new therapy goals that are achievable via telehealth service delivery.
- Consider the best platform for service delivery for your client and family E.g. Phone, text, email, zoom.
- Employ parent coaching strategies
Telehealth resources, presentations, webinars and podcasts:
- Kelly Savage: Telehealth tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGemQPamTkw&t=20s
- Telepractice resources from Speech Pathology Australia: Telepractice Resources (speechpathologyaustralia.org.au)
- Tech Owl & AAC community: Tips for telethealth and a range of links to free webinars on telehealth: https://aaccommunity.net/caac_slp/aac-and-teletherapy/
- Tele – AAC: Working with what you’ve got Nerissa Hall and Tiffany Jellison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkslnsio054
- AAC in Telepractice: Rachel Madel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEY6ymEP4ZE
- Matthew Baud and Jill Senner: https://praacticalaac.org/video/video-of-the-week-telepractice-for-children-who-use-aac/
- Melissa DeMoux: https://blog.mycoughdrop.com/aac-telepractice-connecting-online-to-support-communication/
- Tele- AAC as a continuum of service delivery: Amy Wonkka, Kate Grandbois, Nerissa Hall, Hillary Jellison: https://www.slpnerdcast.com/episodes/aac-and-behavior-plans-pm2le
- Chris Bugaj and Rachel Madel https://www.talkingwithtech.org/search?q=telepractice