Launch FOUNDATIONS Training
Introducing - Liberator AAC Training
We are excited to launch Liberator AAC Training - a collection of comprehensive, on-demand resources to teach you about AAC. The goals of this new training package are:
- To contribute to the ongoing professional development of Speech Pathologists in the area of AAC
- To support Speech Pathologists to conduct successful AAC device trials, and to achieve better outcomes for AAC clients
- To develop ongoing partnerships with therapists and organisations, leading to shared AAC knowledge & expertise within the community
Liberator AAC Training includes several stages of certification. Our self-paced training is available now.
Liberator AAC Training: ACCESS
We have introduced this training to help equip the trial team with the right information to choose the most suitable AAC system for the person they are supporting. It is designed for speech pathologists; however, it may be of interest to parents, carers, and other team members.
The aims of the course are
- To introduce you to the Liberator trial scheme and the devices available
- To summarise the key steps in a successful device trial, and guide you towards relevant further learning
Completion of this course is a requirement to access our free, 3-week device trial scheme; it should be undertaken by the speech pathologist supporting the trial. It will take approximately 1 hour to complete. If you have previously trialled a device through Liberator, you are not required to complete the course; however, we encourage you to explore the content.
Liberator AAC Training: FOUNDATIONS
FOUNDATIONS training has been a major collaborative project undertaken by Liberator’s team of Speech Pathologists in 2021. It comprises a carefully planned set of modules to teach you what we know to be essential foundation knowledge for implementing AAC. This is not device operational training, but comprehensive AAC education, to help you at all stages of the AAC process.
The content is designed for speech pathologists, but may be of interest to all members of the AAC team. ACCESS Training is a prerequisite to the FOUNDATIONS modules. There are two ways you can complete the training:
FREE, ONLINE & ON-DEMAND
- Complete our free Foundations modules one by one, at your own pace
- 30-90 minutes per module, depending on the topic
- Certificate of completion provided after each module
LIVE (IN-PERSON OR ONLINE)
- Our team of Speech Pathologists can provide live training to your organisation
- ~10 hours of content – can be completed in 2 full days or in shorter segments
- Costs vary based on group size and location
Individuals can obtain full Foundations Certification at their own pace via our on-demand modules. Please contact our Training Manager, Leanna Fox ([email protected] / 0424 662 728), to enquire about Foundations Certification for your team or organisation.