We would like to let our community know of a product recall for an adaptor supplied with our Rugged communication devices sold prior to March 2023.
The product being recalled is a 5 Volt switching power supply for the Liberator Rugged devices.
Model No: HNT-S520RZ
Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.3A
Output: 5.0V DC, 2.0A, 10.0 Watts
The identifying information is written on the side of the charger, as pictured below.
Why has this product been recalled?
This product does not comply with the relevant Australian electrical standard. There is no insulation on the base of the contact pins.
Hazard: There is a risk of serious injury or death from electric shock.
The product safety recall notice is listed on the Product Safety Australia website.
What should you do?
Stop using this product immediately and contact Liberator to arrange a replacement power supply.
- Click on following link, which will take you to Australia Post where you can generate a free return label:https://return.auspost.com.au/liberator.
- Fill in all the required information, ensuring all your contact details are correct.
- Download the label and print it at home or at an Australia Post store and attach it to the parcel.
- Drop your parcel off at any Australia Post office or in a post box near you.
- Let us know if you are planning to send your charger back and we will ship a new, compliant one to you ASAP. You do not need to send back the original cable
For more information and to arrange for a replacement power supply, contact Liberator on [email protected] or by phone on 02 9124 9945.